The new radiation shielding solution brings improved features:
- meets the most stringent safety glazing tests,
- improved clarity with up to 89% light transmission, resistance to scratches and easy to clean material,
- weight reduction of 10kg/m2 (20Lbs/ft2) compared to existing laminated design, enabling easy handling and framing
- Corning Med-X LT Glass is qualified with the most stringent Impact Safety Sandards for glazing:
- EN 12600 (Europe)
- Cat II CFR Part 16#1201 (United States)
- Limits the risk of injury in case of impact
Corning Med-X LT Glass is a laminated glass.
In case of impact, numerous cracks could appear but fragments are being held together: no projection of glass.
- Protects people against ionizing radiation
Corning Med-X LT Glass offers excellent radiation protection performance: 1.2 mmPb to 2.6 mmPb lead equivalence at 150kV tested according to international standard IEC 61 331:2014.
Radiation shielding glass requires special care.
Corning Med-X LT Glass is resistant to scratching and daily cleaning.
- Scratch resistant
Corning Med-X LT Glass has better scratch resistance than other products available on the market:
- Up to 4 times better than conventional raidiaton shielding glass
- 24 times better than acrylic panels
- Easy to clean
Corning Med-X LT Glass is easy to clean with common detergents.
- Improved clarity
Corning Med-X LT Glass guarantees the properties and reliability of a premium radiation shielding glass while offering improved clarity and transparency. Visual clarity is improves as the new solution brings up to 5 extra points of light transmission.
- Added value for installers and integrators
Corning Med-X LT Glass provides the added value of a laminated sheet without the constraints of extra weight and thickness.Compared to current solutions on the market, Corning Med-X LT Glass is up to 10 kg/m2 (20Lbs/ft2) lighter.
Corning Med-X LT Glass characteristics:
Cat. 2 – CPSC16 CFR1201***
(3,600 cycles, Corundum sand)
*More information available on request
**Test performed for the LE 2.1 mmPb item
***Test performed for the LE 1.7 mmPb item