- Protective shielding glass against gamma-based PET radiation as specified by IEC 61331:2014 (Standard Gamma Radiation).
- Extensive physical testing carried out on Corning Med-Gamma Glass allowing designers to specify glass with maximum confidence.
- Supplied as polished plates up to 2800 x1400 mm, with smaller sizes cut to customer requirements.
- Wide lead equivalent, thickness and size range.
- High quality and neutral appearance providing excellent visual clarity.
Corning Med-Gamma Glass is supplied as:
- Polished plate up to 2800 x 1400 mm
- Cut plate supplied to customer specific sizes (with edges ground or polished and finished with safety chamfers)
- Laminated plate using PVB interlayer
- Occupational protection from PET gamma radiation used in scanning techniques for diagnostics and treatment.
- Cyclotron maintenance
- Refractive Index nd: 1.76
- Transmission % @ 550nm through 5mm path: ≥85.0
- Torsion Modulus (Gpa): 24.8
- Heavy oxide content: <70%