Corning Med-X Glass is supplied as polished plates from 3.5 mm to 20 mm thickness with dimensions up to 2800 x 1400 mm (54 ” x 108″).
- This allows architects to design viewing windows with a wider field of vision to maximize the observation requirements of the diagnostic operators.
- Smaller sizes can be cut to meet most customer requirements.
- All cut edges are ground and finished with safety chamfers.
Laminating/ double glazing:
Corning Med-X Glass is suitable for laminating using polyvinyl butyral (PVB) inter-layers and can also be fitted into sealed, double-glazed units for insulation purpose.
Corning Med-X Glass is compatible with a large range of installations and other viewing applications such as:
- Viewing windows for X-ray, angiography, CT scans
- Screens for medical diagnostics
- Protection windows/glove boxes in laboratories
- Airport security X-ray screens
- Lenses for safety goggles
- Refractive Index nd – 1.76
- Transmission % @ 55nm through 5 mm path ≥85.0
- Lead (Pb) – 52%
- Barium (Ba) – 17%
- Density (g/cm3) – 4.8
- Knoop Hardness (kg/mm2) – 409
- Young’s Modulus (GPa) – 62.6
- Torsion Modulus (GPa) – 24.8
- Poisson’s Ratio – 0.26
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (x10-7/0C) – 78.8